830 Pirates Cove
Mamaroneck, NY 10543
Past experience as a marketing manager, with seven years of pharmaceutical brand management, non-profit marketing and licensing, coupled with more recent published writing, copywriting and blogging. Strong social media marketing presence.
May, 1998-Current – Freelance Writer – Larchmont, NY
- Publishes a variety of articles and personal essays in a diverse selection of magazines and online sites, including Huffington Post, Parent Guide News, Interfaith Family, Brain Child Magazine and The Pet Gazette.
June 2016-Current – Essay Specialist, Breakaway Prep – White Plains, NY
- Assist high school students with their college application essays, including topic development, outline, organization and grammar checks.
September 2014-December 2015 – Freelance Copywriter – Larchmont, NY
- Ongoing development of print ads, emails, and direct mail materials for TransUnion, Inc.
August, 2012 – Current – Writer and Blogger, Oh Boy Mom – Larchmont, NY
- Created Oh Boy Mom blog at http://ohboymom.com. Writes weekly original posts and also contributes to other blogs, including Huffington Post, Scary Mommy, and ASPCA Parents.
February 1997- May 1998 – Assistant Vice President, New Product Development U.S. Credit Cards, Citibank – Long Island City, NY
- Researched, evaluated, tested, and launched new product features for credit cards. Initiated and introduced sweepstakes promotion designed to increase usage and loyalty.
November 1995 – February 1997 – Director Marketing & Licensing, ASPCA – New York, NY
- Sought, negotiated and established new licensee contracts. Launched and maintained new “Seal of Approval” and Character licensing programs. Supervised existing licensee arrangements.
September 1990-November 1995 – Product Manager, American Home Products Corporation – Madison, NJ
- Managed $40 million brands of Clearblue Easy Pregnancy Test and Clearplan Easy Ovulation Test. Promoted to Product Manager of Advil and Advil Cold & Sinus. Developed sales force materials, planned consumer promotions, coordinated public relations activities with Agency and initiated two new non-traditional advertising programs. Facilitated Advil’s sponsorship of NYC Marathon, PGA Tour.
September 1987 – September 1988 – Account Coordinator, Mercedes-Benz Account, McCaffrey & McCall, Inc. – New York, NY
- Facilitated written communication between Agency, Client, dealerships.
May 1990 – MBA, Marketing
- University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
May 1987 – B.A., Marketing/Communications
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Volunteer and Pet Therapy Team, Good Dog Foundation
- Captain, USTA Women’s Tennis League